Loosid Sober Tip of the Day June 26

Letting go of shame and guilt.

When many of us enter recovery for the first time, we feel shame and guilt for who we are and what we have done. This also happens when people relapse and are afraid to let people know they slipped.

What you need to know is how powerful you are for having the courage to make the necessary changes to build a better life.

The most powerful people in life are people who have the courage to change. You are not alcoholism. You are not addiction. You may have alcoholism or have an addiction in the same way that someone else might have diabetes. It’s what you do to treat your disease that allows you to be in a recovered state… just for today.

You may have done things in your active addiction which were wrong, but you will have the opportunity to make amends to those who you have harmed and clean up your side of the street.

Congratulations on having the courage to change and taking the necessary steps to build a beautiful life. You deserve it.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

5 Likes

Powerful..I will share.:+1::+1:

Powerful and motivational. Thank you :heart::pray:

Its the truth slow and steady being sober you have the edge in life stay strong its a beautiful life

Soooo true!!!

Wonderful message for all of us

Needed this today! :two_hearts:

Thanks I’m working on my 9 th step now and I needed to hear this

This message gives me a sense of relief and more courage to move forward!

Truth!

Yes! This is true. It's motivational. This top lets me know I'm OK.

Let go of shame and guilt. I want to be free!

We all feel guilt. We need to redirect our guilt as motivation to change instead of it turning into shame. Guilt can be a tool used for good.

Thank you. Just did my first day so I needed this.