Loosid Sober Tip of the Day June 25

Expectations are future resentments in disguise.

We often spend our lives upset about people who have wronged us. As we go through our recovery journey, you may realize that your moral compass is different than others. Do not have expectations.

If someone does not act in a way that is in line with the principles you live your life, know that has nothing to do with you. Pray for them as they are sick and suffering and need help. No matter what, do not let this affect your serenity.

At the end of the day, it is their garbage to pick up not yours. Help them the best you can and if they are not willing to receive your help the move on and help someone who has the willingness to change.

How did this tip resonate with you? What is your tip of the day? Share with the community below.

With Love, Loosid :pray:t4::heart:

12 Likes

Love this! I’m dealing with some greedy and selfish people at this time. This hit it right on the nose.

1 Like

I’m good on this point. I’ve pretty much narrowed down my circle and I’m content with that. I’m always there to help but I’ve set up healthy boundaries. Now I’m focused on me and staying sober and healthy. I don’t have much time on the books yet but I’m working hard on a daily basis to get back on track with my sobriety. I’m finally willing to take the steps necessary. One day at a time …one day at a time. I love seeing posts from those with long term sobriety. Gives me hope and keeps me focused. So thank you

Don’t let other people’s problems become yours

Thanks I needed to hear that

Yeah I def needed to hear that today.. last Sunday I was around family and I know they drink/party BUT it was disrespectful how they went about it and it def effected how I felt this week...

This really resonates with me today. I've been try to help another struggling alcoholic through their journey and they have just stopped responding to my texts. It saddens me, but I have to remember it's their journey- not mine. I've tried to help guide them in the right direction- but it's truly up to them to make that decision. I do know one thing for sure- sobriety rocks! Sobriety is a journey- not a destination :blush:

2 Likes

So dang true