Loosid Sober Tip of the Day June 24

Emptying our cup.

One of the most important parts of recovery is to empty our old thoughts before we start on our journey.

We cannot start clean and see a clear path if we have beliefs on what we are supposed to do, for it is what we were doing that got us into trouble in the first place.

If we want a clean and clear glass of water, we cannot come in with a dirty cup of water. If we empty most of our cup but still leave a little dirty war inside, we will still have dirty water.

Make sure you surround yourself with people who have clean cups of water. How do you know they have clean water? Connect with people who speak with grace and dignity. Look for those who match calamity with serenity. It is never about how much sober time they have, for all of us only have 24 hours. Connect with those who have what you want… ON THE INSIDE.

Just for today, choose to empty your cup completely to let fresh clean water to take its place.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :heart::pray:

9 Likes

A great powerful clear statement. I love reading these everyday day.

2 Likes

It’s so hard to let go of all the baggage that I use as an excuse for drinking
Everyone only has 24 hours. That is a powerful resonant statement

1 Like

I needed to hear this. Thank you

1 Like

We need people who are our pure and refreshing. I love the chosen metaphor in today's tip.

I love this!

Thank you for this!

Yes! :pray:t4::om::yin_yang::100:

Love it. But like others said it's hard to let go of the baggage....guilt and shame. One day at a time.