Loosid Sober Tip of the Day June 2

Compare and despair.

Yesterday, we talked about how important it is to identify with the feelings and never to compare stories.

Comparing ourselves to others is a trap that too many people in recovery find themselves.

When we compare ourselves to others, we lose sight of the entire reason why we are in recovery… to connect with likeminded others who share our common bond.

Comparison is the death of happiness. We must look toward others with hope and, for those who may be sicker than others, we must choose empathy.

When we compare, we either feel worse about ourselves or we feel better than others. Self-pity or ego. Either path is the wrong path.

Make a commitment today to not compare yourself to others. You are exactly where you need to be.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

4 Likes

Very good information.!!

1 Like

:two_hearts: this

Well said.

I agree

I just wanna say that the spiritual information on this app gets better by the day. Love you guys

1 Like

I think comparing is like competition where there is only one winner. I want all people struggling with alcohol to succeed therefore we all win.

Facts. We r equally created. And individually blessed. But hold ourselves to other people’s standards when in reality need to set at least for me set my own standards and be accountable for them

As a good friend of mine says..."let me tell you the worst story of addiction ever. It is the worst because it is mine." When we are looking at our own story it is the worst ever, but the worst ever is the story each of us carry. We all feel the same way about our own story. I couldn't agree with this tip more if I had wrote it myself. As a Christian I remind myself of Galatians 6:4
But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbor.

If we compare our story to others we doom ourselves to insecurity or arrogance in our own journey.

1 Like

This is a great tip to remind us how important it is to just focus on our lives and ours only!!

When we compare ourselves to others , we always find a way to lose.