Loosid Sober Tip of the Day June 16

The gift of desperation.

This saying is used quite often throughout the spiritual program of recovery. Though the phrase seems to be contradictory in nature, it is not.

The simple truth is that many if not most who suffer from alcoholism or addiction need to get the gift of desperation in order to enter a spiritual program of recovery.

Why is this?

Yesterday, we discussed three reasons why we think we do not have a disease.

Because of this, we keep trying to control our drinking or substance abuse until we finally reach a point that the pain that our disease has caused too much pain. It simply becomes too much.

This is called the GIFT of desperation.

Unfortunately, millions of people each year never get to that point. This is precisely why we call it a gift.

If you are reading this, take solace in the fact that you most likely have received the gift of desperation.

Now it’s your job to throw everything you have into the spiritual program of recovery.

Why? Because you deserve it.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

5 Likes

Amen🙏
:eye:LoveuLord

I am.blessed❣️

Very inspirational! Only God can take it away if you allow God to work in your life.:pray::pray:

2 Likes

Love

I am desperate with that I am grateful for today :pray:

:pray:t4::heart:

Once a sincere Person realizes before God that he has a fault involving alcohol, it will be easier to overcome it. God will strengthen him the more he prays to God about the burden he is carrying

Amen

Lack of change is sorrow in the eye of the creator. When I was sitting there thinking 1 is okay but look up at the sunrise and say its okay I wont do.it anymore. 1 year later still doing the same thing. It put a lot of holds on life that god granted for me. Im in desperation mode till my life breath.

Amen

Thank you JESUS