Loosid Sober Tip of the Day June 11

Self-loathing is one of the biggest challenges so many of us share in common before entering a spiritual program of recovery.

Many of us bang our heads against the wall wondering why we can’t stop.

As we have discussed before, the stigma that we cannot stop because of a lack of willpower is 100% incorrect.

We cannot WILL away alcoholism or addiction any more than we can will away diabetes, cancer or any other disease.

The truth is, we can only stop and stay stopped through working a spiritual program of recovery.

One of the biggest parts is forgiving ourselves… and loving ourselves.

When we recognize it is a disease, it is only then that we realize that it is not our fault.

Thankfully, we have a disease that is 100% treatable, provided that we work a daily spiritual program.

Until we understand this, we will continue to think there is something wrong with us.

Just for today, take solace in the fact that there is nothing wrong with you.

Know that you are not alone and there are millions of people who can show you precisely what they do each day and every day to live a beautiful sober life.

You are not alone.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

7 Likes

I saw the sign that says love can deliver can deliver someone from addiction. Self-love, yes. If I love someone else- that person will not be ready until they're ready. So I agree that it takes willpower.

As the saying goes, refusing to forgive is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. While we struggle to forgive ourselves we take a poison into our being. We need to learn that the person we are while we were using is not who we are. Our current self is drinking poison hoping to kill our past self. It doesn't work. I often tell people that to forgive themselves they must learn that the person they were even 5 minutes ago is not who they are now. They must learn to not hold past me's mistakes as today me's reality.

2 Likes

I know I m not alone and thank God every single day through prayer and meditation❣️

Great explanation!

200%%!!! My will=jails, institutions, death. Spiritual plan of action=life, connection and recovery :om::sparkling_heart::peace_symbol:

1 Like