Loosid Sober Tip of the Day June 10

And the wisdom to know the difference

The last two days we discussed the first two parts of the serenity prayer. If you haven’t had the opportunity to read them, simply tap the back button now to catch up.

Once we are willing to accept the things we cannot change and have the courage to change the things we can, we need to always operate life from one of those two places.

Think of these places as two columns.

Any time we are faced with a perceived challenge or life event (which is always), think about which column the event belongs in.

If it is in the acceptance column, there is no work to be done. It has happened, we have accepted it, and no energy needs to be wasted.

This leaves 100% of our energy available on changing the things we can.

Once we have the wisdom to separate the two, we often find how much extra time we have, once we leave the column on the left alone.

Let’s look at an example of how many of us operate.
We relapse. We CAN’T BELIEVE we relapsed. We obsess over it. We get our ego involved. We get depressed. We are afraid to reach out and tell others, we fear people will judge us…

The list goes on and on and is beyond exhausting.

It is at this very point that we need to STOP. It happened. It’s in the past. Put it in the acceptance column and look to the right.

No one in the history of this planet has ever been able to bring back the past and place it back into the present.

The moment you put it in the left column, you free up 100% of your time on the right column.

What can you do?

You can go to a meeting, a support group, call a friend, reach out to your sober network. Simply put, you have the courage to change, you take action and get back on course.

Today, as you go about your day, move events into both columns. Place what’s necessary on the left in the acceptance column and focus your energy on the right. That’s wisdom.

Then wake up the next day and do the same thing.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray: :heart:

4 Likes

A very profound deep message. I will put that in place today.. thanks..!

Really appreciate the message. Action in motion. Thanks.

Love it

This describes my emotions in a nutshell but now I know this is a better way to deal with my failures in any situation

I love this! I’ve slipped before and have beaten myself up with guilt. I can’t change the past but I can put more effort into my future and focus on what my real goal is.

This message is perfect