Loosid Sober Tip of the Day July 8

Facing Life on Life’s Terms

When we get sober, we no longer numb out life’s problems. We actually feel the feelings for the first time, and this can be very overwhelming.

Take solace in knowing that you are now facing life on life’s terms. When you face life on life’s terms and find solutions as opposed to running away from them, you get better at life.

Will it be uncomfortable at first? Absolutely. During this time, it is very important to reach out to other people who have been in recovery and have some sober reference.

These are the people who will get you through these challenging times. In unity there is strength.

How did this tip resonate with you? What is your tip of the day? Share with the community below.

With Love, Loosid :pray:t4::heart:

5 Likes

One of my favorite statements.!!!

It can become overwhelming but to live life on life terms is growth and today I'm trying to grow just for today gm

1 Like

All these emotions have been overwhelming, and if it wasn’t for my sober support I may have not handled these emotions! This Reading is the truth and I believe it will be a truth I will have to remind myself if for the rest of life-on life’s terms!

Such a powerful tip. I get so upset sometimes over what appears to others as silly and I literally just want to crawl in bed and cry but reaching out to a supportive person helps so much. Unity! What a beautiful word

Love feeling my feelings. I don’t find it scary, it’s just me who I really am. And it’s so much better than nearly killing myself or someone else, as happened in the wake up call that changed my life. I wouldn’t go back for anything.
I have too much to lose.

1 Like

I do t mind feeling feelings but my will still has something to say about it.

Good morning, I’ve been sober a long time and find myself grieving my husband. I’m not handling it to well. Feeling every every thing. I need help. Tried one .l…

This is great. I have been struggling with how to live as a sober person. I am feeling things so much deeper than I ever have. I don’t have many sober people in my life and as a consequence my peer group is still numb. I feel like such an outsider. But. It’s still better than drinking!

I’ve been clean and sober for 2 years and I go to AA.. I know the unity of the people there help me stay sober.. I was in a treatment center for a year and when I got home I was overwhelmed with everything.. especially family.. they are still in their addiction and have no intentions of stopping.. they live next door and I see them daily.. I thought I could change them but I finally gave up and realized that I have to except the things I cannot change.. and have peace in my heart for them and all I can do is pray for them.. and leave it in Gods hands.. so I go to AA for my strength and they help knowing that I’m not the only one who is dealing with life with life’s terms.. I know that God will take care of things on His terms..!!

1 Like