Loosid Sober Tip of the Day July 6

When entering our recovery journey, many of us want to get back everything we lost immediately.

A good number of us have lost our jobs or our homes. Others may still have our jobs or homes but have lost the trust of our family and friends. There are others amongst us who have lost our freedom.

Whatever the case, we come into recovery having lost quite a bit and we want everything back right away.

The journey of a million miles begins with the first step.

The problem is, we want to take the elevator.

The truth is what we want is the opposite of what we need.

We are not ready for the elevator. We need to take the steps.

The trick is to focus on enjoying the experience of every step. Every amend. Every repaired relationship. Every new job.

Eventually, we will understand why taking the steps is so important.

Taking the steps allows us the time to appreciate the life we are re-building. We will come to cherish it. We will be beyond grateful we never took the elevator, as each and every step we take strengthens our sobriety and increases our humility.

Then the magical time will happen when it’s our turn to show another struggling addict the importance of taking the steps.

Be kind to yourself today. Just by reading this, know that you have just taken another giant step.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

6 Likes

A very true and correct statement.. thanks for reminding me .:+1::+1::+1:

I really needed to hear this im taking one day at a time and is grateful for it

1 Like

Truth

What a great reading. I need to read this every day.

I needed to see this. This is only day two of my journey

:blue_heart::blue_heart:

I definitely need to hear this today I recently had a relapse because of things not coming when I needed them to or expecting them to therefore set myself up for failure I just need to slow down just like it says enjoy each step

Exactly what I needed to hear today, thank you :star::partly_sunny:

Sometimes I need to be reminded to be kind to myself. The other points were a much needed reminder.

Just what I needed to hear

I am reminded of the old axiom, "Rome wasn't built in a day." It took years and generations for Rome to become what it was. In fact, for the ancient city we see the ruins of today, Rome took over 1000 years, and one massive fire, to make it into that city.

Give yourself time to build. It could be the thing that makes it into the marvel you are seeking.

I really needed this today🤍

First time someone asked for help w the steps was a proud moment

I had 3 years sobriety before my sobriety was believable to most people. It sure takes a long time to build that trust back up. Great advice!

1 Like