Loosid Sober Tip of the Day July 5

In unity there is strength.

Whether you are entering recovery for the first time or have been in recovery for a while, it is always important to always keep in mind that, on our own, we are in big trouble.

Alcoholism and addiction is a disease of isolation and it is imperative that you connect with others who are on the same journey.

Why? Because you need to know that you are not alone. There are millions of people who share the same common bond as you. Though all of our experiences may be different, the feelings of isolation and needing to get off the now remain the same.

Not only do you need to connect with a higher power, you need to connect with others who will be on this journey together with you.

In unity there is strength. Alone we are nothing. Together, there is nothing we cannot achieve.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

4 Likes

Very true.

Knowing that you are not alone and that even your spouse or best friend does not understand but that there are others out there that totally get it because they are going through the same thing helps so much

2 Likes

This is very true. I started yesterday and woke up to smoking marijuana. I always do it to escape because i have no one that understands.

Yes my wife doesn’t understand.

1 Like

This is why I love my early morning meeting. We greet each other with hugs and smiles. Lifting one another with positive words of affirmation. We're together.

I find it’s easier to be with the people at AA.. I feel a kinship with them.. and every time I have a bad day or even think about alcohol or drugs I go to a meeting.. it’s like they know exactly what I’m talking about.. it gives me comfort to know I’m not alone.. so to anyone who is having a bad day ..go to a meeting and spill it all out.. it will make you feel better..!!

Strength in numbers ALLWAYS FAIRHFUL. SEMPER FIDELIS