Loosid Sober Tip of the Day July 29

We are as sick as our secrets.

This is a common expression used in recovery. It is important to feel our feelings and share with people what’s going on with the challenges in our lives.

What we hold inside builds up like a slow boil which at some point will manifest itself in some way, shape or form.

If you are struggling, share your struggles today.

If it’s something that is personal, be sure to share it with a trusted, close-mouthed friend. In 12 step programs this is normally reserved for a sponsor.

In other settings, it may be more suitable for a professional.

What you need to know is that asking for help is something you should never be ashamed of but rather one to be proud of as you are taking steps to work through your challenges.

It is an act of power and courage.

Free yourself today by letting out what is inside of you and ask for help.

You are worth it.

How did this tip resonate with you? What is your tip of the day? Share with the community below.

With Love, Loosid

10 Likes

Very true.!:smiley:

1 Like

Our secrets are scarier in the dark. Bringing them to light takes a huge weight off and shines light on them, disempowering the fear they instill. If we can accept our darkests and be open to sharing, we are freed of them. Great message today!

3 Likes

Well stated!

Sharing your secrets lifts a weight off of your shoulders but make sure its someone that is not going to throw it back in your face.

Awesome message!

Truth

I am afraid of my anxiety. I am starting this evening to not medicate it with beer. I wish I felt normal or was maybe more ok with my inner feelings..

I’m so sick of my anxiety it just makes me upset all time. I can’t live my life the way I want to