Loosid Sober Tip of the Day July 11

There is a stigma that when you get sober, life, as we know it, will be the end of fun.

This stigma could not be further from the truth. In fact, it is quite the opposite.

When we put down the drink or drug and decide to live life on life’s terms, the world opens up for us.

One of the first things we realize is how much of life was wasted on our time drinking or putting substances in our body. Just a few hours a day for happy hour during the week, turns into 40 extra hours a month of quality time.

That could be taking time to learn a new skill, spending more time with your family, working out, meditating, volunteering to help those in need, the list is endless.

Take a few moments to reflect on how many hours were spent each week on drinking or putting substances in your body. If you are just starting out, get excited, as you are about to enter a world of more time to build incredible experiences.

If you have been sober a while, let us know what you have done since you stopped wasting these precious hours days and years that make up this thing we have called life.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

8 Likes

Great information..!!

1 Like

:heartbeat::heartbeat::raised_hands:t5::raised_hands:t5:

I really like this

It is a blessing to have freedom from alcohol; my life no longer revolves around it. I now get to enjoy my weekends doing what I enjoy and what brings joy to my life VS nursing a hangover and feeling shitty!

Your honesty is refreshing, and you make an excellent point regarding the overenthusiasm and the good intentions never realized.

1 Like

If I wasn't spending time drinking, I was trying to figure out next time I would be close to a liquor store to buy more. I live in the country and our town has 1 liquor store and it closes at 7 pm during fall and winter 9 in the summer. I work until 730 pm so I had to be stocked up at all times. I may actually get through my 2020 cleaning resolutions this month. I can spend more time with my 85 year old mother and my 1 year old granddaughter. No more hangovers so I might actually start getting out of bed earlier