Loosid Sober Tip of the Day Jul 2

If you don’t go within, you go without.

Getting to know ourselves is easier said than done. For those in recovery, we often realize that before starting on our sober path, we had spent our lives seeking outside validation and tended to focus on the externals.

Whether it was the new car, the house, the fancy watch, nothing seemed to fill that empty hole that resided within us. In fact, if we look within, we see the more we focused on the externals, the further we distanced ourselves from where we needed to go.

Recovery is an inside job. This requires courage to be open to look within and clean up what is inside that will release us from the pain and set us on a path to freedom and happiness.

Choose to start your work inside each morning. Feel the feelings and take note of the disturbances. In order to fix life’s challenges, we need to know the challenges that exist.

It is only then we can get excited to get to work to release ourselves of what’s blocking us and begin our journey to get to the other side.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :heart::pray:

8 Likes

Great point..!!

I enjoyed this reminder. I’ve been on a search to know and understand myself my whole life. With and without alcohol. I want to love myself by making healthy choices for myself :heart:

1 Like

I've found in my journey that through working the steps of recovery, finding humility actually leads to confidence. Kind of like owning a broken car... For so long I kept thinking it would be ok until it finally ended up dead on the side of the road. Then I thought I could fix it myself, cuz no one knows better than me. But nothing worked, until I finally bit the bullet and let someone with experience fixing cars show me what was wrong, and gave me the tools, instructions, and support to fix the issues. Now I'm back on the road, driving with confidence. But, I have to keep up with the everyday maintenance so it doesn't break down again.

3 Likes

My sober journey has been one of reflection and, increasingly, one of peace.
I stop to examine my feelings with curiosity now, instead of reaching for the bottle of numbness.

2 Likes

Somehow this has created a new goal for me. I need to get to know me, like on a personal level....

1 Like

Great insight

This really resonated with me. I have found doing work with a therapist as well as being in support groups truly helping me move forward.

I always enjoy reading your posts everyday! Have a wondeeful weekend! Thank you

Loving this affirmation of the work that I continue to do!