Loosid Sober Tip of the Day April 30

Share like your life depends upon it… because it does.

We are often taught in life to keep our pain inside as it shows weakness. This couldn’t be further from the truth.

In recovery, keeping things inside is deadly.

What we keep inside will eventually boil up to the surface and manifest in many forms. Relapse, self-harm, the list goes on.

When we are in a safe and supportive environment, it not only important but mandatory that we let go what is inside that is blocking us.

What we will notice is that when we share our pain, the trusted network we are sharing it with identifies with the feelings and shares their pain and, most importantly, what they have done to get to the other side.

This is the beauty of having a community of people who share a common bond.

It is important to note that sometimes the pain that we are feeling is more personal and is better suited to share with a trusted friend. In 12 step groups this would often be a sponsor.

The critical thing is to get it out. What we will realize is that by sharing this pain, we will be showing others that it is OK for them to share.

Today decide to share your pain. Share it with the community below, another support group you may belong, or share it to a trusted friend.

Whatever it is and whoever it may be, make sure you get it out. You will not only help yourself, you will most certainly help others.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :pray::heart:

6 Likes

For so long I was irritable with everything. I wasn’t sleeping well. I did everything I was supposed to. It wasn’t good enough because I was so hurt and angry on the inside.

One day I remembered that it wasn’t good to keep this anger and hurt. I had to get rid of it. I expressed how I felt to 2 people and God. I did a lot of screaming and crying because I had to eliminate this hurt. I didn’t want to live being bond to it.

It was one of the best things I did for myself. I became free. I decided that I would share, when necessary, and be a better listener, because my life (and everyone else’s life) depended on it.

I choose FREEDOM!

3 Likes

:100::100::100:

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

" In recovery, keeping things inside is deadly." I can't agree more! I have a question for the community. My therapist gently admonished me for sending a concise text to a guy that I was dating for 3 months. My text said that I'm convinced by a man's actions and a true lady knows when to bow out. That's it. I needed to get that out, and have closure for myself. I don't see what was wrong with that especially if it made me feel better. The old me would have been afraid to speak my mind.
Any comments/suggestions?

1 Like

Amanda,
Me too! Freedom.

2 Likes

Being vulnerable and sharing my truth is what true living is about. I’m grateful to have kind-hearted, closed- mouth friends and a sponsor who listen intently and understand. This is part of life. Sometimes my mess becomes my message too, which helps others. It’s good to be truly alive and sober today.

4 Likes

Trust issues galore, but still I share to try & help save more.

1 Like

I'm not sure. I know many who say "everything doesn't need a response." I'm not sure if that's where your therapist is coming from or not.

2 Likes

So much of my mess has become my message, too. I love to be able to connect and help others because I have been there. If I can get up they can, too.

4 Likes

So often we forget that our wounds are shared by others. If we keep them hidden they only worsen but if we expose the wound those who have the strength and wisdom to treat them can help us heal. Even a doctor cannot treat what they are not told about. We also help others by showing our scars. Our scars show others they too can make it.

1 Like

Hi Amanda,
Probably and I understand that. I needed to do that for myself. And who cares what that guy thinks about it. I'm outta there!

1 Like

Better to be honestly messed up than dishonestly ok with ourselves. . . Admitting when we were wrong often takes years, yet in others, we will be quick to point it out or sometimes let it build and in turn becomes a RESENTMENT... Get it out..

1 Like

:pray:t3::sunglasses::v:

1 Like

I think I might have a nervous breakdown when I figure out how to feel emotions again. Funny thing is, I know logically that it's gonna happen. But I'm still in survival mode. I hope that when things open up again I can find a damn good therapist!

1 Like

Yesss, the more I share the better the shares become. There’s still some days I’m upset and it’s just good to get to a meeting, introduce myself, let the room know I’m not in a great place to share but just let them know how I’m feeling and what I’m going through. I’ve learned I can share the summary with the group and only my trusted network get the details when it comes to very personal topics.

Hi Nicole. Did your therapist explain why she thought it was a bad idea? I think if you are teaching yourself to be more honest about your feelings it can be a good thing. Did you explain to the guy why you were bowing out? It’s also important to let him know why you no longer want to be with him. Maybe he did something hurtful and wasn’t aware of it? It’s hard to know without knowing more detail. How do you feel now about your decision? Hope you’re well.