Loosid Sober Tip of the Day April 21

Accepting the things we cannot change is one of the most powerful tools we can use on our recovery journey.

It is mentioned in the first part of the serenity prayer, a prayer that is said in nearly every 12- Step group and a phrase that becomes a part of our daily lives.

Unfortunately, what we say and what we do are often quite different.

By accepting the things we cannot change, we can eliminate being annoyed by the vast majority of things that happen in our daily lives.

Think about your day today and be mindful of the things that disturb you. Take note of how many of those things you cannot change. Then choose to let them go. It is simply wasted energy that you can do nothing about… other than to accept that they exist.

When you accept the things you cannot change, you will notice an extreme shift in your energy.

Just for today, choose to accept the things you cannot change.

How did this tip resonate with you? Let us know your thoughts below. There are many people in the Loosid community who need to hear what you have to say.

With Love, Loosid :heart::pray:

6 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

I have struggled with acceptance of some things but I must say that when in my day I do totally accept it and move forward I feel much better and stay present

2 Likes

Just for today, think of others needs first, helping another helps us. Smile at everyone, they won’t know what you are up to. Surprise them all with your quiet powerful presence.

1 Like

I really needed this today

2 Likes

The Serenity Prayer has been a big point in my life for the past few months. It's a life changer. I feel better about myself, say "ah well" often, recognized my place in others life, and improving the well-being for my household. It's refreshing.

2 Likes

I’m going to write this on the whiteboard in front of my desk as a daily reminder! Thank you!

2 Likes

So true. I have to remember this 100 times a day.

"We constantly remind ourselves we are no longer running the show."

--AA, pp. 87

Word.

I have lived a much more stress free life when I remind myself of this very thing!!

1 Like