Looking for sober friends to do things with

Looking for sober friends to do things with. Currently I live 60 miles west of St. Louis. Also posted on the dating profile, but it only allows you to go out 100 miles. Main reason I joined this Community was because for many years I have found it hard to actually find sober people that wanted to do things together, instead of just going to AA meetings and then going home. I’ve done a lot of things on my own including traveling because of this, but it’s getting old to always be doing things by myself. It’s no fun anymore. I may be moving soon but in the meantime, is there anybody in my neck of the woods that likes to go out and do things?

3 Likes

Hey, Kathleen. I'm not in the area, but you have a sober pal in me. So if you're ever in the Southern Indiana/Louisville Metro let me know.

thanks Amanda. It’s just been a really struggle of mine that for over 40 years it doesn’t seem like people in AA want to collect together outside of meetings. I’ve even Tried a meet up group and I actually took a few of them on a pretty big trip to the smoky mountains just so that I could get some people to get out and do things, but for the most part, it’s really really tough to find sober people that actually want to get together outside of meetings and I don’t understand why

Hy..We can always talk and see how things go,but that's if and when you feel like...Thanks

Where are you moving to

All depends on type of job I find and the area. Don’t quite know yet

The pacific north west is a awesome area

I thought it was just me. I’ve had the same problem and your right it does get boring to do things by yourself all the time.