Looking for a new sponsor. Is there an app or

Looking for a new sponsor. Is there an app or a website or some thing that’s good for finding sponsors because my local group has had some political issues and I am not trying to get involved in any of that

The only app I ever used was going to meetings and asking someone who had what I wanted. They didn't have apps when I got sober. If a group doesn't function how you would like it too, find one that does or get involved in the group to be the change you wish to see.

1 Like

I would want to avoid that also lol. I've casually looked into this, and honestly that's how I found this app. If you are wanting to go through the 12 steps within AA/NA program there would be an option for you to attend virtual open meetings outside of your area. Additionally, there's a program called SMART (it's an acronym) that is based upon finding real solutions and coping techniques. I hope you find this information helpful.

1 Like

I’ve been sober 8 months and worked most of my 4th step with a good sponsor. However she is also sponsoring my sister in law and dating the guy sponsoring my sister in laws boyfriend so principles were not coming before personalities so I need a new one. It’s a small town so it happens that’s ok I just need to move on

I forgot about virtual meetings duh lol during the beginning of COVID a lot of our group did that. Do you know how to find them? I never thought of that before since I like my group, there are just aome things I know I’ll need to work around

Lol it's all good! There's a free app in the app store called meeting guide... has a blue back ground and a picture of a white fold-up chair. You set the app for what ever location you want to find meetings in and it pulls them up. There's a filter that you can put on for meetings on specific days or times. It also specifies if the meeting is in person or virtual