Keep having dreams where I drink and forget I don't want to

Keep having dreams where I drink and forget I don't want to. And then once Im drunk or drink something, I get really uoset because Ill remember. Last night my dream was a little different because I knew I wasnt suppose to drink. And I even mentioned my 1 year coming up that I didnt want to sabatoge. But I drank anyways. Do you guys dream these things too? Does anyone know what it means since I keep dreaming this theme?

Having drinking and using dreams is pretty common. I have them sometimes. Much like you described. Have you ever noticed that you don't have these dreams when you're actually drinking, only when you're sober. My sponsor tells me congratulations, that means you haven't been drinking. Our relationship to our drinking and drugging is so close, it's almost like a human relationship. Almost like a love affair. A fatal attraction. When we walk away there is a part of us that stays behind. A part of us that must die so that we can have life more abundantly. So it calls our name again now and then, seductive lips promising lies… I wouldn't attach too much significance to it. What you're doing is good. Talking about it, maybe writing about it if it troubles you a lot. It will pass. Congrats! Did you say you're coming up on a year? That's awesome.

1 Like

Thank you! That makes sense I guess. I dont even remember a lot of my dreams when I was drinking. I'll try writing them down. My dream affects me throughout the day cause even though I didnt drink I still feel like a failure. Like I failed in my dream lmao. And thank you! I'll be a year clean in February!

Oh my lord drunk dreams are the worst! It makes me feel I've blown my recovery when it happens.

But it's also amazing when you wake up and realize it was just a dream, you're still okay, and you didn't slip.

1 Like