Just came off a addie and drinking binge. When I

Just came off a addie and drinking binge. When I do this I go to AA the always end up leaving saying it was the addie not alcohol. I think I’m fooling myself bc I drank two 12 packs in 24 hours. The anxiety is real today. Thinking I should use this app and go to a meeting tomorrow. I just think I get triggered in the group settings.

4 Likes

they say in AA our disease is the only one that will go to great lengths to convince us it doesn’t exist. I had the exact same thoughts about cocaine/xanax being my “real problem” for me, being drunk leads to doing drugs. It’s not easy admitting we don’t have control, I’m still new at this but feel free to message me, check out AA homegroup website for round the clock zoom meetings!

2 Likes

Going to a meeting tomorrow. Your right! Thank u! All facts

2 Likes

I struggled with step 1 as well but I have done enough experimenting, need some help and this aa seems to work for people. Going to 3 a day and only have 2 days. Good luck, just have to get today!

2 Likes

AA works if you work it. You hafta be selfish when it comes to your soberity

2 Likes

There are other options as AA is not a one size fits all program. But it’s a great place to start. It put me on the path to find a program that worked for my personality. Just don’t give up.

1 Like

Rarely have we seen a person fail who has thoroughly followed our path. Those who do not recover are people who cannot or will not completely give themselves to this simple program, usually men and women who are constitutionally incapable of being honest with themselves. There are such unfortunates. They are not at fault; they seem to have been born that way. They are naturally incapable of grasping and developing a manner of living which demands rigorous honesty. Their chances are less than average. There are those, too, who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders, but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest.

4 Likes

Welcome back

1 Like

Adderall

I think Rigorous Honesty are my 2 favorite words in the big book. Because when I live a life of rigorous honesty things go very well for me.

3 Likes

The keyword is "think." You should do as little thinking as possible right now because your thinking is not right in early sobriety.. I would go to meetings, get phone numbers and try to get a sponsor. Getting into the steps is the one thing that most people just don't want to do but it's what they need the most. This app has its place but it is most definitely not a solution. Just like when we go to meetings. Talking with people and listening to people has its not the program or the solution. The 12 steps are our solution. I'm going to give you a link to how it works. Try reading it and think about what it's telling you.

2 Likes

I needed to hear this.

1 Like

I was going to try to work the steps with the book that I have I have all the books from when I went before But I think I need to fill my days up w meetings. Do you some meeting shopping.

2 Likes

Always in all ways :purple_heart::v:

1 Like

Looks like we have something in common. I'm trying to get sober again myself.

1 Like

I think that's a smart decision Melissa. Many people, myself included have been right where you're at right now. We were in and out of meetings and then we went back out. Now we're back and not sure which way to turn. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. And try to stick with the women in Alcoholics Anonymous because the opposite sex will only be a distraction. You can do this one day at a time.

2 Likes

By the way, what is addie?

Thank you!