Journaling

So I took up journaling while I was in treatment. I find it extremely helpful to be able to get my thoughts and feelings on paper throughout the day. I’ve come to think of it as daily inventory of sorts. Do many of you guys find things like this helpful in recovery? Yes my handwriting is what some would call tragic lol.

4 Likes

I’m glad you shared this, I’m headed out to get a journal to give it a try

4 Likes

I love Journaling. It helps me realize how far I have come and where I am going.

2 Likes

I write poetry but find it hard to stay focused on Journaling every day.

1 Like

I have a friend who loves to journal. She draws pretty flowers and shapes in hers. Her calligraphy skills are amazing.

1 Like

Yes i journaled so much in treatment it was very beneficial. I’ve fallen in and out of it since …my therapist is constantly telling me to start journaling again, if helps so MUCH with mindfulness.

1 Like

Journaling is so helpful to me. It’s really a great way to analyze my feelings and experience them more fully. I love it.

When it was first suggested to me to journal, it was in preparation for the 4th step. I was told to “just write”. So it began…first, it was that I journal my prayers. They're an honest view of what's in mind and heart. Second, I start to journal my thoughts and feelings. And lastly, I write about my relationship to people, places, and things.

….it's funny how my penmanship improves.