I've been sober since 2/26/19 when I was locked up

I've been sober since 2/26/19 when I was locked up for a 360 day sentence. I was released on 11/2/20 after good behavior. I have relapsed once a week after I got out but I sat on my bed after I got high and begged god that if he could just help me feel less broken I would never touch that shit again. My question? When and how does it get better? I don't want to get high anymore.. I just don't want to be sad anymore. I want to feel something.

1 Like

Your time for sobriety will come. When will that be? Nobody knows. But don’t beat yourself up just because you slip Sometime. You are entitled to be happy.

Welcome back :hugs:

What were you in prison for?

I trust in the promises the big book talks about

I've been locked up 4 years been out since dec 15 2020 dara96032 and everyday I think about getting high or drink but whenever those thoughts go through my head I weigh my consequences and what it's going to lead to.drugs and alcohol are depressants they will never make you happy. It just disguises your feelings.im sober and happier than I've ever been. I'm having a relationship with my kids and family everyone is proud of me. But this is just the beginning. I'm a felon a NHS is been real tough getting a job but I ask God to guide me in the right direction and I know he won't let me down.so my advice is just take it one day at a time and try not to talk yourself into a relapse.the relapse begins with the prelapse remember that. Its easier to talk your way in than to talk your way out so be strong I have faith in you…..

1 Like