I've been getting Suboxone from a friend

I've been getting Suboxone from a friend and he's mad at me so now I can't get any and today I relapsed because I'm weak minded. I don't have money or insurance and I need to go to a detox where I don't have to have money and j need it asap before I get bad off again. I don't want to lose everything I just worked so hard for

Hi, Morgan. It's not smart to get prescription drugs from someone who's not a doctor. Look into your state grants. Some states offer grants for treatment.

Look into state insurance and detox/treatment centers sometimes you can get a scholarship ship. I'd call and call and call asking for help appeal to their humanity because you don't want to die.

1 Like

Hey Morgan. Don’t be so hard on yourself. You made a mistake, that doesnt mean you’re weak-minded. Like others mentioned, there are free options available out there that you can look into. Would you be able to spend some time looking into that today?

I was completely broke and found state-funded resources that helped me access therapy and prescriptions I needed for my mental health. If there’s anyone you trust who can help you look into these things, that might be useful too.

My therapist told me that states can't kick someone off of Suboxone if they lose insurance or deny then treatment with Suboxone because of no insurance due to these state grants. One the labeled it a disorder or disease there was millions of dollars dedicated to treatment for the uninsured. Walk into a hospital, tell them your an addict, and tell them you want to start maintenance medication or go into rehabilitation/detox. Relapsing is a form of self-harm especially if you use herion or fentynal.

1 Like

You need to talk to someone about getting it by prescription for yourself. It is never safe to self medicate. Try reaching out to a telehelp provider, there is a list of the. In the sobriety help section in the app.