It’s okay. It’ll be okay. You’re okay

Don’t forget the English muffins

I forgot the English muffins the other day to make eggs Benedict for my wife her family. I really wanted to make them a nice breakfast. I thought by making a nice breakfast to start the day right, I could start my day right as well. I went for a run early in the morning, showered, and head right to the store. I was happy, excited when I was at the check out line. I made my way home. I couldn’t have been more elated to get started. As I took things out of the bag, I watched how lively my family was. Then like a ton of bricks, I forgot the damn English muffins. My heart racing, I failed. I ruined the day. How in the hell could I forget those stupid, dumb muffins. My wife consoled me. A woman whom I’ve hurt, tried to console this idiot that forgot an important part of breakfast. I couldn’t breathe. I couldn’t think. I was so tired of hurting. I didn’t want to fail anymore...again. Turns out, I did buy the English muffins. They fell out of the bag in my car. I panicked so much, I lost all sense of, well, common sense. My wife and her brother had left and came back with English muffins. Breakfast went well. Everyone enjoyed themselves.

Moral: it’s okay. It’ll be okay. You’re okay.

3 Likes