It’s day 23. I’m feeling bored and restless. No cravings

It’s day 23. I’m feeling bored and restless. No cravings but definitely trying to learn to live in this new space. #Transition. Also Portland is stupid. Everybody around here seems to drink or smoke or do meth. Need a sober social circle other than AA meetings. 

1 Like

1st congrats on day 23 find NA meeting they do have a lot of events

1 Like

Welcome. I have noticed the same problems in my little Midwestern town. There are events listed here in app that may help a little.

1 Like

I’m from high point nc and it’s a heroine epidemic here but it’s hard sometimes to find friends especially if u sober but good luck to u hun u can do I been clean almost three years from iv use of heroine

1 Like

Hello Mila! Welcome :pray: and congrats on 23 days! Keep coming back!
One thing I learned in early sobriety was this
Take a hula hoop place around your waist. Now drop that Hula hoop to the floor. Now everything inside this circle :o: I can’t control. Everything outside this circle I can’t control.
Enjoy :wink:
Stay sober my friend

1 Like

Congrats on 23 days
What did you say your drug of choice was

And a little bit north, Seattle is no better

Try to stay busy and not to think about it I’m 2 months clean that first month is hard

1 Like

Congratulations on your 23 days Mila! For me, my first year was leaving olds friends and places on focusing on my recovery which mainly revolved around NA meetings. I’ve many friends in NA and now we often get together to socialize after meetings. I am now comfortable to begin making non NA friends, meeting people from work or tennis class. Slow and steady! Keep coming back!

1 Like

I live in Portland (born and raised) and I’m sober! If you want, reach out. I’m free to chat!

1 Like

I got back into tennis actually but got hurt right away cuz old and fat so now I’m out for a week or so :roll_eyes: