It has been a while since I posted. To be

It has been a while since I posted. To be honest I had a beer here and a beer there but mostly sober.
I have been thinking why was it so hard to quit drinking or control it though I knew I was hitting bad spits in life. One thing that always popped was that I saw drinking as a prize, secretly it was giving me something that I don't get when I am sober, could be buzz, could be social life, could be dating or just the ambience of enjoying fancy places.
Reframing or really realizing the true prize I would get by abstaining from drinking has been a key.
Clear head,not hitting bad spots, no drunk texting, taking one self seriously, realizing the difference between party friends and real friends, new associations and decisions and ofcourse bank balance. Haha.

1 Like

I have been concerned about you, Ajay. Good to hear from you again. Kudos on no more drunk texting.

Haha thank you. Got busy with work and my lil husky pup

Still figuring out. But life has been better than before

Does this mean you're ready to quit drinking 100%?

No, but I reduced relying on it. Infact to the extent that it's not controlling me. I realized what my triggers are and staying away from them

Glad you are figuring out what works for you.

1 Like

The reward factor.... totally understand.

1 Like