Is it s

The guy I am seeing drinks. Hes not an alcoholic and he doesnt do it in front of me, but I dont want him to drink. I had initially told him I dont care if he does, but to just be honest if he does do it and to not do it in front of me.. now I am getting upset when he tells me he is drinking at some bar... I'm torn on what to do. I care for him, but I dont think I can be with someone who drinks since I know I cant... any advice or thoughts on what you would do would be appreciated

Be honest to yourself you said it that you can’t be with someone who drinks, that’s totally trigger you are thinking with your heart not mind besides he goes drink with others instead of spending time with you, just don’t fall into the net , it’s just my opinion the decision is your, good luck :+1:

Thank you you guys. I feel resentful towards him right now and dont want to continue to feel resentful if he chooses to go drink. I'm trying to understand WHY I feel the way I do. I know sober alcoholics who date or who are married to someone who drinks socially.. am I upset with him cause he is able to do something I know I cannot do? Or is it deeper than that? I'm going to talk to him tomorrow about this cause this is a big deal for me and I wish it wasnt

Your sensitivity towards other people who drink will fade with time . Very tough to date someone who drinks in early sobriety . Honesty is the best policy and if he won’t stop drinking until you feel more comfortable around it , then you have some decisions to make ...

1 Like

You have to really find the root of your resentment

1 Like

If people, places, things and situations would just be as I want them to be, life would be grand! However I don't have any control over those things. I only have control over how I respond to those things. I need to make personal adjustments if I want more desirable outcomes. It takes time to learn acceptance and tolerance. While I am learning about these things there will be struggles. I may have to make some tough decision to protect my recovery. NO MATTER WHAT!

2 Likes