Is it possible for an alcoholic to come back d

Most people will tell you no. And I would say generally speaking, it’s highly unlikely.

But may people have gone through “phases” of addiction to alcohol or whatever else it might be and later on were able to moderate. I would echo what most other people said in the thread, that people who were able to do this probably were never full-blown alcoholics.

But if you think about it, most people go through an alcoholic “stage” in college ... then most of them are able to get their sh!t together and drink socially as they get older.

I guess what I’m saying here is that it depends. But at the end of the day, alcohol is a highly addictive substance, is extremely accessible, shoved down our throats by all of society, and very good at making it a part of someone’s regular habits. The chance that someone who is/was physically and mentally addicted to it will one day drink normally is a BIG if. For me, it’s not even worth the risk.

2 Likes

No, no and NO

Ha. Yea, I agree. I think many of us have tried many times to solve that equation and never quite figured it out. But that is why we are here and trying to stop :raised_hand: trying to solve this unsolvable problem.