Im so bored ... i need to get out more

Im so bored ... i need to get out more

2 Likes

That's kind of the whole point with wanting to get blitted lol, it takes effort sober to make life interesting whereas it's so easy to just press “boop" on the drug button and feel awesome when you're using

I know how you feel. Just going for a drive helps me.

Me too

But does that little boop on the drug button really make you feel that much better? For me it stopped making me feel better at all. I was miserable whether I drank or not, it was just different levels of misery. That's not how it started out but it sure is how it finished up. And that's where I'll get pretty darn quick if I go back out again.

Sure it takes more effort to live sober, but I wasn't really living before. I was existing, barely. And now I don't hate myself. Now I can go to bed with my side of the street clean, and wake up knowing I'm living my best life. I can't put a price on that.

Sobriety is a great opportunity to discover or rediscover things you love to do! The whole world is open to you.

3 Likes

Finding normal experiences exciting again is nice but I am also sooo bored.. im doing morning meetings and seriously considering afternoon meetings as well. I just need to be surrounded by positivity

Trying 2 do the same or build up support

Dealing with boredom is a good sign you’re recovering :wink::facepunch:t2:

its tough to do so with the current state of the world but I feel ya … I’ve come to realize that my baseline mood is kinda just flat and so nothing really amps me up much, I find comfort and joy in things but I’m rarely having a blast lol