Im ready to stop using drugs but i feel like i know im not crazy people do shit to me all the time and it's amusing

Im ready to stop using drugs but i feel like whats the point in being better when everyone else in the world is so fucked up i feel like it's literally me against the whole world

1 Like

It can be a super lonely place to be. Unfortunately I am in the same spot as you are. I’m ready too and yet it’s not easy. Even finding the help is proving difficult and honestly I didn’t think it would be.

I feel this.. its hard to have hope in improving your life when the world feels doomy.

But magic happens during sobriety and one day it actually does feel better. Even on the hardest days.

Because through sobriety we learn to cope, understand and sit with our feelings. These are powerful things when you feel powerless.

It’s worth it because you are worth it… and while it doesn’t feel that way tonight It could one day.

There is so much to gain

1 Like

You can't defeat the world while in addiction.

Jonathan, you owe it to yourself to get and stay clean. Don't worry about everyone else. No point in living in misery.

1 Like

If you're ready, then stop. Don't complicate things.

1 Like

“Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well” -Teddy Roosevelt

I look to that quote when I am struggling. It’s going to be the hardest thing you ever do in your life and you will have to work on it every day for the rest of your life but I promise in the end it will be worth it. It’s going to be scary, uncomfortable, lonely and plain shitty but you can do it. Do be afraid to fail. If you fall you can get back up and start again. Every single one of us has done it before. As babies we crawled and countless times we fell while learning to walk but eventually we got there. I look at my addiction as crawling. I had been in a perpetual state of crawling and am learning to walk again. You can do this we are all here for you

3 Likes

*Don’t be afraid to fail

2 Likes

Your depressive outlook of the world will improve with sobriety. Give yourself a chance.

1 Like

Just be bullish about your sobriety. It’s yours. Don’t let anybody mess with it. Then be the best ‘you’ you can be each day and see what happens in your life

1 Like

Thank you for that man that really hit me to my soul that was definitely word i needed to hear today I've been so stressed lately nothing has been going right for me and all i have been thinking is i need to get high just to escape the bs meas that is my life right now thank you for your kind words man it really means alot

Tell me about it the stay in rehabs cost way too much hotlines aint really shit and the rehab where u go for a hour all that does is make u wanna get high when u leave cause all u do is talk about getting high while your there smh i wish u could take a pill and the cravings could just be gone completely

Anytime. Hmu to chat. Try this spot Payment Assistance | NYC Drug & Alcohol Rehab | Odyssey House | Odyssey House

If you don’t have insurance they should be able to work with a social worker to help obtain coverage

Jonathan, when I was drinking, I thought everyone drank. Because we naturally surround ourselves by people who basically exist like we do. Friends. Jobs. Lovers. Even family members and offspring tend to have very similar ways.

The whole world isn’t fucked up. Our world is. And we can change that.

Everything else we must accept as it is. We ask for serenity to do so.

Your addiction will tell you whatever it can to get you to keep using. That’s the nature of the disease. But deep down if you truly want sobriety, it’s as close as 12 steps away.

1 Like

Trust me, we are just as screwed up as the rest of them. The advantage is, if we stick around the rooms of AA/NA long enough, we become aware of our character defects and have a God who can remove them.

1 Like

That’s our disease talking! Positive thinking about the world you live in and you’ll see a huge difference in what is attracted to you. Negative thinking brings negative consequences. Positive thinking brings positive consequences. Now if you have a few negative things pop up and you truly were in positive thinking mode, then I’d say it’s part of your path. See the negative but don’t react to it. It’s out actions that give the thinking power.
Stay focused on the gift of sobriety. It gets better everyday we put in the work. God is love

That is the very reason you should stop. You're a king a unique unrepeatable reflection of God. You have the power to break through the bondage of carnal desire. You have the power to speak life, love and peace over your everyday encounters. You can do it. I promise you you can. Of course some days will be better than others, but nonetheless you have the power of God moving to your body. Use it.

1 Like

Message me privately and I can let you understand some things and how can you can started doing away with drugs gradually