I'm on day 45 sober, as a heavy drinkers f

I'm on day 45 sober, as a heavy drinkers for 10+ years. I'm having a really hard time getting motivated to do even the simplest of tasks. What advice do you have?

2 Likes

Attend meeting you will meet people that are motivated and happy to friend you

1 Like

Forget simple, do something you want to, anything but drink. Do stuff you really want to do, the activity will eventually get you out of the rut and carry you in the current to do useful things. Also, be aware if you might be suffering from depression, even if temporary from quitting, and consider therapy or medical help. Not diagnosing, just throwing that out there.

I went thru it. The most important thing you do is stay the course. You will do what needs to be done when it needs to be done . Take a nap can help . Tasks can wait

What I failed to mention is that I am the full time caregiver for my elderly mom who I do not like. I also don't really do meetings, as I am not religious.

Any AA meeting that promotes religion is not a meeting it’s a clan and the program is clear about it , the spiritual belief that’s what matter . I am not religious as well but it did help me and I made a really good real friends that I can count on. By caring for her means you love her unless it’s a obligation. You are doing a good did and that’s what matter . Stay strong , patient and sober :+1:

I was drained for 6months that will pass

1 Like

It's an obligation as she has no other help. It's hard for me too get out and meet people or do anything for myself.

You know what I did a lot in early sobriety I slept a lot and was. Nothing wrong with that

And went a lot of meetings that early sobriety was 37 years ago

I still go my group 2 XX a week

How was your life when you were drinking? Make a decision to do something, or nothing. Your life has to come first, for you to be any good for someone else.....

1 Like

Ok start with the caregiver situation. You should apply for assistance. Get a careworker to come in. If you don't like mom, she knows and the tension I can imagine is unbelievable. Disability and Medicare will pay for a caregiver. Just don't abandon her like so many do. You will never forgive yourself later. The stress of being sole caregiver I tough, and constant stress causes depression. Then if AA isn't you bag, find a program that is. AA isn't the only game there is.

1 Like