I'm new here. I have decided to detox from

I'm new here. I have decided to detox from home...i don't have any health insurance... I'm 6 hours in, and feel awful!! How long does this last?? Any advice on how to make it through? Just could use some words of encouragement :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

What are you detoxing from?

Alcohol, love my vodka, but I need to stop!

1 Like

It's going to be really hard. You're going to feel various levels of bad for weeks if you were a heavy enough drinker. I'm not trying to sound gloomy but that is the true answer to your question.

More concerning is that detoxing alone from alcohol can be dangerous or fatal! I love your determination and spirit, and your decision to quit, I would just encourage you to reach out to as many detox centers as you can and ask about scholarships. Depending on your situation you might be able to get a free ride somewhere at least for the detox portion of treatment. It would give you something productive to do as well, making those calls, as boredom will be a big enemy at this early stage.

Either way you're doing an awesome thing and I for one will be on here every day, as usual, so if you need to talk about the process or just talk to someone else who's been through it before, I'll be around.

1 Like

The safest way is to medically detox as stated. Prayers for you! I know how awful it is. :pray:

Me too girl!! And I am going to detox from home too!

keep y’all’s head up once you get passed the suck it gets brighter

K and Rebecca it is not safe to detox from your home. As Matt said contact detox centers to check if scholarships are available. Symptoms can be life-threatening. Please don't do this at home or any place that a medical professional isn't able to keep tabs on you.

Your perseverance is great. But you should do what is healthy and safe.

Please be careful I have lost a dear friend who decided to detox at home I also have detoxed at home and it is terrible trust your instincts if you start feeling dizzy or light headed please seek medical attention not only will it make detoxing 100 times easier but it will be much safer I know medical bills are expensive but it's better than the worst case scenario please be safe and reach out if you start to feel too sick