I'm new here. Been sober for almost a year now

I'm new here. Been sober for almost a year now. I quit the day after my husband and I conceived our last baby. She's 2 months old now and I'm still sober. No plans on going back to drinking.

Looking for friends also in recovery, hopefully close to Norman Park, GA.

1 Like

Well you stay clean and sober you will see are better this way of living

Stay strong Kayla

Hello

Saw your post so I thought I'd say hi. I'm all the way up in N Ohio. I'm glad that you are still sober. I've been at this thing for a very long time and I've been sober for a long time also. I've seen where many of the mistakes are at and I just wanted to encourage you to make sure that you don't try and go this alone because quitting drinking is only the beginning. Drinking is only a symptom of our problem. We have to get down to causes and conditions. I don't want to sound negative but I've heard of people quitting because they had a baby on the way and they had good intentions to stay quit but then after a while the right circumstances happened and they were back at it again. You did mention that you would like to get sober friends in your area. I think that's a good plan. I also hope that you get some phone numbers and go to some meetings because you will probably hear lots of things there that you can relate to. Best to you and your husband and your new born.