I'm grateful to have downloaded this app today and to

I'm grateful to have downloaded this app today and to see so many people engaged.

3 Likes

Hi, Joe. Welcome. How long have you been sober?

I agree!

1 Like

I went 2 weeks sober but relapsed yesterday and am now realizing I need to take it a day at a time and start my day with mindfulness right from the first 5 min.

So true mindfulness is amazing!! also 12 Step programs are super helpful to maintain sobriety, have you tried any?

Do you know of any good online recovery or 12 step programs? I'm not having much luck!

I was doing AA for a year up until the pandemic and sadly used it as a lame excuse not to have a sponsor. I was white knuckling after that which is not very effective. I'm glad I saw this app to find connection again.

Yeah I like it here.

2 Likes

You make a really good observation that you need to kick your ego and put on the recovery hat as soon as you wake up. I'm far from perfect about it but I try to start every day with a gratitude list. I also try and say the St. Francis prayer once a day to keep me focused on my HP and others and less on myself. Just talking about this stuff right now is calming me down and centering me.

Make sure to reach out if you feel you are struggling and there will always be someone in recovery who would love to listen and give you support.

1 Like

https://aa-intergroup.org/oiaa/meetings/

1 Like

Welcome aboard.