I'm a piece of shit

I'm a piece of shit. Failed sobriety after 4 days for what? An MLS game (soccer/sports). Team got destroyed anyway. Ended up yelling at my wife. Ended the night fighting and mad. Hope it was all worth the couple of hours of "feeling free". This is my crutch. I drink to escape my stress, job, unsatisfactory body. It does feel amazing until I destroy everything around me....always starts with just the saying "just one drink." *Buyer Beware. "

Have you ever tried going to rehab or AA meetings? I‘ve been in the same boat of feeling worthless failing over and over trying to stay sober on my own. However, when I had support from sober people, it made it possible for me to recover.

2 Likes

I'm really glad you're making the effort to kick the sauce but it's really difficult to do without a lot of help. This is a great resource but just talking online might not be enough to get you over the hump. Like others have said, meetings or professional treatment should be a real consideration.

This disease is insidious and it's going to fight you. That's why you need all the help you can get. And don't beat yourself up, this shit is really hard and a lot of us have been exactly where you are now.

3 Likes

What Matt said! Perfect advice!

1 Like

Don't hate yourself. We all have suffered from this poison. You are here, right? You are reaching out looking for a solution. Try ‘Fight Club’ men's meeting on Wednesdays at 8:30p PST on Zoom. Look it up on Google through AA website. You may find some good honorable supportive men who understand what you are going through. Great place to connect with a sponsor who can introduce you to a solution for your suffering.

Well let's start here, you are not a piece of excrement. First off if you were then you would be beyond help and just need flushed. You are not beyond hope. The side of addiction that has brought so many here is where you are now. The crash and realization of what you did while intoxicated is a bitter pill to swallow, but as with all medicine it is often needed. Today you need to look in a mirror and say, “ I am sorry for being to weak to do this alone. I forgive me for my mistakes. Now let's get to work.” Then get to a meeting where people can talk to you about the part of the road you are looking at. You can be better and with work you will be.