If addiction is a disease why is it Criminal. I

If addiction is a disease why is it Criminal. I think it has to do with our behavior and acting out that makes it criminal!!
Another way of looking at it: Addiction is a learning disorder. We need to learn how to live again!!! Interesting enough to the 12 steps is about learning cause we need to use a reasoning mindset to reduce the disorder of addiction.

Hi Hugo. Those are interesting points. There is a current push to decriminalize it, can't happen quick enough but it slowly gaining momentum.
The 12 step programs are an outline how to live a specific lifestyle. It certainly has proven effective for millions, myself included. I am a continued member of AA, the AA program played such a crucial part in the first few years of my recovery. I am very grateful. I still attend a couple different meetings on occasion, have some laughs with people that I got sober with. They razz me about not being there and I razz them about still being there. Unconditional friendships, huge love for AA and the fellowship.

1 Like