I went to my first AA meeting tonight! It was

I went to my first AA meeting tonight!! It was great, I was terrified but I spoke up anyway and everyone was so kind. I’m really proud of myself for taking this step. Thank you for everyone who encouraged me to go.

7 Likes

Awesome! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Awesome! I reside outside of Boise now but there is a good little meeting on Cassia in the basement of a Church.There are some really amazing people I am still in touch with there that call this one “Homegroup”If it were not for them I would be dead or in prison.It is kitty corner to South Junior High.

oh my god, I went to that one! The Alano building, I think. Everyone was really awesome. Small world, must be a sign.

3 Likes

Hi there Kevin,I've sent you a friends request.

I'm certain it is.Things like that can be heartening. I wish you the best on your journey.

1 Like

I'm happy for you! It's great to explore your options, especially when they have a great track record like AA. I can't speak for anyone else but AA has been a massive part in my recovery. It's essential for me.

1 Like

That’s so awesome!! So proud of you, Catherine!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Great job Catherine. Getting out our comfort zone can be so scary. Great things come to us when we do.

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

showing lots of courage. well done.

1 Like

Great job! That’s amazing.

1 Like

That is the best news that I've heard all day. Congratulations to you for having the courage to take that step. I hope that you keep going back and also find yourself a sponsor so you can start your new life of recovery.

1 Like

Very nice if you can't make it there is always zoom too

1 Like

Awesome job to taking the initiative going and speaking at your first AA meeting. It's amazing how supportive and welcoming groups are.

2 Likes