I went out tonight to the Mexican restaurant and DIDN’T

I went out tonight to the Mexican restaurant and DIDN’T order a strawberry margarita :scream_cat: I’m soooo proud!! I ordered water and my food nothing else!!

10 Likes

And the sky didn’t fall. And nobody looked at you funny from another booth. And look at how good you feel from that milestone!!

3 Likes

You saved money and face, at the same time! Kudos!!

3 Likes

Noyce! How do you feel physically and emotionally? Like a winner?

1 Like

True but I’ll admit my mouth was watering watching all the other tables get their drinks :tropical_drink:

1 Like

Like I really wanted it but I chose a good life instead and to be present

1 Like

That's freaking awesome! What a powerful feeling, right?

2 Likes

“There’s no growth in the comfort zone and there’s no comfort in the growth zone”. Isn’t it awesome to do stuff that’s uncomfortable for us and then feel AMAZING later because of it. Awesome job…..now I want a burrito :smiley:

1 Like

That is a great show of will power and you should be proud of that moment. There is a but if I may. Is that a favorite spot to eat where you usually have drinks? I would caution against placing your self in precarious situations that require a choice without practiced tools in your bag. If you are an alcoholic like me and you bieng so early in recovery your brain may deceive you. Cunning and powerful an alcoholics allergy is powerful.

1 Like

Yes it was very hard to do

Never been to this Mexican restaurant before but yes I typically drink strawberry margaritas when I’m out!

:muscle::muscle:

1 Like

Thank you :heart:

Awesome Taylor. That's how you practice self-control. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate it :heart: it was very hard

1 Like

You're welcome.

1 Like

I am glad you made it. Congratulate yourself with a sundae.

1 Like

Thank you

Going out to eat without drinking is still one of the hardest parts of sober life. I used to love to try new beers or spirits. Not to mention it would loosen me up a bit. So you should be very proud!

1 Like

Thank you, I was struggling not ordering anything