I was clean for 5 year and I recently relapsed

I was clean for 5 year and I recently relapsed on meth. I’m struggling really bad with it

4 Likes

I'm sorry. Find a meeting on www.na.org and check out Loosid's Sober Help section to find a professional who can help.

Hang in there.

1 Like

Whenever I would relapse on alcohol I couldn’t just stop again after a drink. Or a day. Or maybe even a month. I had to get to a point where I hated my life enough again to quit.

I am grateful that nothing worse happened to me. I hope you hate it enough to stop again soon. Maybe today.

5 Likes

I’m here for you. Just be sober today. Deal with tomorrow, tomorrow. Reach out if you need to talk. Let the phone feel light and easy to lift.

Same for me - sober 9 years and have been drinking again for 6! Want my life back and scared

Don't beat yourself up over it,take it on the chin and move forward. It doesn't (ERASE) you 5 YEARS at all.So your still clean and sober today right? And you will be tommorow if you choose to be :wink:

1 Like

I had 1-1/2 years clean but not sober then I had a premeditated relapse deep inside my subconscious mind. I had subconsciously planned how I would do it way better the next time.
18 months today. I forgive myself for the damage I caused. I’m clean and sober. Working my program to the best of my ability.
This time I want sobriety for my son and my health.
One day at a time. I hope you’re doing well today. Give yourself a break. We are fragile. I had to deal with childhood and adulthood trauma to realize that I don’t need drugs to feel better. I need love and peace. I need my higher power.

1 Like

No I been using on and off since November! I been using now for 2 months straight!

Don’t quit quitting! You did it for 5 years and that’s an amazing amount of time. Round 2 get back in and fight and do it again ! :muscle::muscle:

1 Like

I was sober for almost 3 years and relapsed, the shit is not what it used to be, my mindset was completely different and it was extremely hard to quit this time! But I finally did 2/25, and never looking back.

Well at the end of the day,you know what to do if you want it.Don't be discouraged because of your relapse. Instead use it as motivation and remember all the benefit's/life of sobriety

Hello: Were you going to meetings before you picked up? If so, try reaching out to your recovery friends? I've been to meetings in Ohio (mostly Cleveland) and there's awesome recovery there!!!
Maybe rehab or detox might be the thing? I don't know your exact situation. Seek help wherever you can get it!!! Addiction is a deadly disease.

You're telling my story Mike! Trying (and failing) each new day. Prayers up please!

A lot of us have made that mistake. I had almost 9 years and then I went back out and it cost me three years out there. Going on 7 now. I figured out why I went out the last time. Because I believed the lie; that this time everything would be okay. And it wasn't. We have to learn to play the scene all the way through.

If we are honest with ourselves we will see that we are going to end up right where we were the last time around every time. All you can do is learn from it and remember the next time. At least you're not locked up in jail being charged with a felony or something. I get it. Losing all that sobriety sucks. Just remember that all we really have is today

1 Like

Sobriety is a journey! It took me almost 11 years to get clean from the first time I stepped into a meeting. I was in and out a lot with various amounts of time under my belt. I have been clean 15 years now, but I always remember I really only have today. Today is where I do my part. Not yesterday and not tomorrow. Hang in there!

I'm with you Heather. Played the in and out game for years. I guess it takes what it takes to get us to become willing to do what is suggested.