I’ve considered quitting drinking for a while and I’m finally

I’ve considered quitting drinking for a while and I’m finally deciding that I need to make a change. The biggest concern I have is feeling like I’ll be missing out on things by not going out. If anyone has advice on how to get through this feeling I’d appreciate it

How well has the “going out” been working for you? You will have to make changes for sure. And it will be an adjustment. But down the road it will be well worth it and you will like your life so much more, including your social life.

Get a big book and read the first 164 pages. Then go back and read it again. As things progress they only get worse. Jail, money, job, family, on and on. Then you’ll say fuck it and keep drinking. Stop now. You will find some kind of peace.

oh sweetie! i am experiencing so much joy and have so much fun in recovery! god has blessed me with the most amazing fellowship of sober clean warriors! get involved, stay in the middle of the herd, attend AA social events! i cant tell you how much fun you can have!