I think i need to get a sponser. I told

I think i need to get a sponser. I told myseld im gonna keep trying and keep up my meetings. I have ptsd so i also go to therapy for it. But lately its been a lot harder. Sometimes i just dont care anymore. Im tired of trying. Im always trying to do th right thing. But right now idk what else to do anymore.

2 Likes

Liz, you're not alone. Seriously. There's a lot of fluff thrown around here but there are some who are experiencing something similar. I'm told I have ptsd, which I thought was bullshit but as I go on I see it's not. I've also felt the agonizing hopelessness….tonight is especially bad. I'm told it will pass but I'm not so sure. I'm here at least for tonight if you wanna talk. This shit sucks.

2 Likes

All of us should have a sponsor especially in early recovery. I'm there too. I need to take my own advice!

2 Likes

Hey Liz, I'm sorry to hear that you're having a rough time right now. I might be able to help you or at least point you in the right direction. What are you looking for in a sponsor? Male or female? 12-step or non-12-step? Face to face or online? Short-term or long-term? Any other preferences?

1 Like

Hey I’m attempting to sober up for the first time in my life. First time acknowledging and going through with it at least. Just wanted to let you know you’re not alone. You can do it girl. Lmk if you need to talk to somebody. :slightly_smiling_face: