I relapsed again and am just starting to feel

I relapsed again and am just honestly starting to feel helpless and i’m not sure what to do anymore

4 Likes

A start. Putting it in the open and asking for feedback and suggestions

1 Like

You can do it.

1 Like

Good afternoon,

It is great that you are so determined. I am so happy that you are making this choice at your age rather than mine.

If I can offer you a tiny piece of my experience. You see, I was “sober curious” for longer than you’ve been alive. I lived in a world of trying and not trying to stop by myself. It took me 25 years to ask for help. Because, you’ll see in time, that we can’t do it alone.

12 step program saved my life. I strongly recommend that as a program of recovery. But the best program is the one that works for you. I beg of you. Ask for help. Find a group. Don’t try this alone.

4 Likes

Try 90 meetings in 90 days. You’ll be surprised and what can happen. You probably will hear your story a couple of times from somebody else. Just go to the meetings and bring up the subject that you’re having issues with and just sit back and listen. I had to do that I didn’t like what I heard sometimes but I had to listen. The more I listened the more I learned. I am a grateful alcoholic today.
You know what and I’m fucking proud to be an alcoholic. Because I am here helping others just like me. And others are here helping me to stay sober. This is one big happy family and welcome to the big happy family. The only requirements to belong to this family is a desire to quit drinking and using.

2 Likes

Each day is a new opportunity. Try changing your routine, or start reading some quit lit.

1 Like

Get to a meeting. Find a sponsor you connect with. Read the big book of AA. Do the steps.
I’m doing everything I can in the program and so far my life has changed 1000% if I can do it anyone can. The first thing is to admit we can’t. (Step 1)
I think he can, God of our understanding. (Step 2)
I’ll let the God of my understanding (Step 3)
Get through these first three steps while attending meetings looking for a sponsor then they will walk with you through the next 9 steps.
I’m in step 4 with my new sponsor. It’s going to be good this time as I’m all in.

1 Like

We are all helpless. If we weren’t it wouldn’t be an addiction. That is why we connect with others in addiction. Together we are strong enough to overcome.

3 Likes

Get back and do it again. It’s worth it. Somebody told me once that if you were driving from Chicago to LA and got a flat tire on the way in St. Louis, you wouldn’t turn around and tow your car to Chicago. You gotta keep going where you are to get there.

4 Likes

Defeat is not an option. You are only helpless when you don’t ask for help.

2 Likes

You got this. Each one makes you better/stronger.

2 Likes

One day at a time

1 Like

Take all of the advice given in these comments, getting a sponsor and working 12 steps is what has saved me. Don’t give up, you can do this!

1 Like

Jada, How are things today?

1 Like

Keep coming back.

What are you going to do differently?

1 Like

For me what's helping me stay sober is I relocated I don't socialize with the people I use to get high with and are be a round them

1 Like

Jada, for me one thing that I have always found to be a base truth is that I have to love myself enough first and foremost.

1 Like