I need someone like a sponsor. I hope someone could

I need someone like a sponsor. I hope someone could put sense into me before I ruin it all

Hi ajay, this is a good place to start until you find one. A lot of folks here offer suggestions and support. It has been my experience, if I express my thoughts, ask questions and honest about it I find what I need. What's on your mind?

1 Like

I was so good for a week. Went out to meet friends. Thought it would be just one drink, ended up being 7. End of the night I was roaming from bar to bar trying to socialize with women. I was in a bad state and could even talk because of my stupor

Hi Ajay , I know the feeling . We always try to trick ourselves into believing we can moderate . Sounds nice ... never happens . For me , having one drink is pointless . Doesn’t get me close to my “happy place “ and taste wise is pretty gross . I had to give up on my delusion that moderation was possible for me . There is freedom in letting go , trust me.

2 Likes

Thank you brother. Yea, I need to stay away from alcohol. But also need to think about socializing without it

You need to think about staying sober, not socializing. Make your friends in recovery for now, such as in AA. Don't worry about anything else until you are solid in sobriety. That's if you want sobriety. You can't have your cake and eat it too…

1 Like

Hi Ajay. Thanks for reaching out. That shows how serious you are. Have you contacted AA?

1 Like

Socializing can be coffee or lunch. I won tickets to see a great blues band and had no one to go with. I asked a guy at a meeting if he was interested and even though it was at a bar, he went and me and him have been to dozens of concerts together since.

Hi ajay, how are you doing today? Hope all is well. I have read a lot of good suggestions in this thread. What do you think? Do you have any questions?

I have reached out to a friend who has been going to AA

Thank you Jason. I can't believe that 7 drinks would do this much damage. Been tired for two days. Hopefully, it goes away by tomorrow once I sweat it out in kickboxing. Tough thing that's coming up is my friend landing in my town and he wants to go bar hopping. I have to figure out a way to say no

Maybe you can just be honest with them. Keep it simple, hey friend, I gave up the sauce. I don't really feel comfortable bar hopping. Let's go check this out....go get a nice meal then go bowling, see a movie, go shopping maybe treat yourself to some new gear. Go test drive some hot new rides, go to the gun range, get some of your people together and play games or cards.

Hang in there Ajay.. we have all been there.. courage, strength, wisdom

I suggest putting a hard target effort protecting your early sobriety. Look at what you sacrifice when training for competition. Put that same energy and focus toward your convictions to abstain from alcohol. You can do this stuff.

1 Like

one thing I can tell you young man is that you're worth everything that this world has to offer that is good but you have to want it whatever it is that you're going through it's not worth picking up over pick up the phone and call someone go to a meeting take and read about the steps you know the steps are based off of spiritual principles any spiritual principles is the foundation a recovery you can do this I believe in you

Try celebrate recovery