What do you need?

1 Like

Struggling with recovering

1 Like

Which part are you struggling with?

Depression anxiety insomnia loneliness boredom

1 Like

Hi Rich,
I guess you need someone to listen. I understand it's a challenge. Stay the course. Tough times will pass; it feels like he'll, but it'll pass. Getting through the rough patches in a healthy way, builds resolve. Hang in there and don't give up on yourself.
All the best.

I do watch stand up comedy on YouTube to keeps spirits up

1 Like

Rich. From my experience what I can share is that before my depression and anxiety were treated by a professional I was miserable. Once my depression and anxiety were treated, sobriety has been a lot more bearable and even enjoyable. If you haven’t seen a therapist or psychiatrist yet I highly recommend it, it’s helped me out.

2 Likes

It gets better everyday , just take it one day at a time .. don’t take yourself serious brother .. this too shall pass .. no worries , you can do it

And one more thing , please see a doctor for your depression and anxiety .. I have the same problem , I have been on my depression medication for 2 months and it definitely helps

It’s not easy, but it’s worth it. You’re worth it even if you don’t believe that sometimes.

1 Like

Do you have a doctor to speak with about depression and anxiety?

Insomnia is normal in the beginning. Some things that may help you sleep at night: stretching before bed, taking deep breaths, and reducing naps to 20-30 minutes per day.

As fas as loneliness do you have family and friends you can talk/hang out with? Do you attend meetings?

Hang in there Rich! I feel you my friend! It’s hard to see now, but there is light on the other side of this.
In early sobriety, I definitely felt crushed by the depression/anxiety and intense loneliness. Something I found that helped for me was leaning into my 12 step program, particularly the spiritual aspect of it. It helped to recognize and accept that this was part of my journey. These things still come for me now from time to time, even with over a year of sobriety, and I still have to remind myself to see it as part of the journey.
I’d definitely recommend therapy as well, I feel like it’s done wonders for me, for developing skills for coping.
One of the things that’s really worked for me for loneliness is the meetings. It’s not so much the meetings themselves, but the fellowship surrounding the meetings, and all the things that come out of that - dinners, meetups, etc.

i’m right there with you! you aren’t alone but you can do this & get through it. i’ve had so many people help me since last night when i’ve been reaching out & posting about what i’m going through. talk to us! we’re here & understand

Just don’t drink or use. That’s all you have to do. Don’t worry about anything beyond getting to midnight. When you go to bed thank your higher power for your day. When you wake up hit your knees and ask for another sober day. It works for me!

I second this! These were SO important in my recovery!

1 Like

How you doing Rich

What help me was inpatient treatment it's hard to do it on the streets