I need a sponsor I get panic attacks even trying

I need a sponsor I get panic attacks even trying to go to an aa meeting

2 Likes

If AA isn't helpful for you, have you tried any other support meetings? SMART Recovery, Refuge Recovery, etc.? You might like them better than AA. Online therapy sites like BetterHelp or Talkspace might be helpful for you too. Plus, I recommend hiring a mentor instead of getting a sponsor. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I'm the same girl I need someone

I feel the same I need someone to that I can talk.to that can relate

1 Like

I get it. It can be really nerve-wracking. If you’re interested in doing AA (someone else mentioned alternative recovery methods which I also think is a great thing to look into), it might be less stressful to start off with an affinity group you feel more comfortable with. For me, I felt much less panicky in women’s meetings and LGBTQIA+ meetings.

Group chat? Start and thrive with one another

Well it's important to have a sponsor to work the steps with

I know how debilitating anxiety can be! I don't know what to tell you but I'm sending you my energy. I used to not even be able to check my mail or leave the house :weary: I hope you find a way to ask about it at a meeting because it will change your life!

Again here and dying for someone

1 Like

girls iam here for you it helps me to help others.

What is going on?

Too much

I'm broken amd can' breath

Can you make it to an online meeting? There are ones going on 24/7. It might help to talk to some other people “face to face“

I've done group AA, zoom AA and though helpful for my alcohol addiction I was also riddled with Anxiety Panic attacks, many underlying issues. For me a personal, face to face grief counselor that would come to me was great, not cheap though so if you can't afford there are many zoom one on one's available and they are much less $ than a psychologist. Even with insurance, the "Docs", for me were cold and just checking boxes, overloaded and didn't seemnto genuinely care. Zoom group sessions even less $. Share some of your underlying issues and preferences and I think the group here could point you in a better/quicker direction. Keep reaching out though, any time. We all want to help and need it ourselves.