I’m so lonely today

I’m so lonely today. I’m lethargic and have so much I want to do but I’m too lazy to do anything.

if anyone in their early 20s can dm me I’d really appreciate it. I need to know there’s other young people going through this

2 Likes

That's what recovery is about, but your doing what's needed and reaching out. I have friends who are as you and just talking make it better for her and the situation. The fellowship is here for you and hope you find someone to guide you. I always ask my higher power to give me the strength to keep doing what I need to get through, and learn how to maintain balance in my recovery, mind ,body, and spirits. I am here for you as many other people so hopefully you can find something to help and stay focused. Nice to meet you and giving me this opportunity to share my experience.

I feel you I am surrounded by a few people and still feel lonely. Just a suggestion keep reaching out like you are, find a meeting that you don't hate you can make friends there and I would strongly recommend making a journal of what you need to do each day and when you are going to do it. And journal I know sounds boring but just start writing Even if what ends up on paper is a mess of run on sentences and spelling errors or in some places don't make sense. It's a process. We are here for you.

Maybe try making a meeting? Addiction can be a voice in my head telling me that “I'm a loser,” or that I'll be judged if I say something like “I'm lonely,.” Believe me, they're are many of US that are lonely and/or feeling isolated, especially in the “Pandemic.” Oftentimes, meetings are kept open afterwards just for fellowshipping. Also, I've created a support network/group since I've been in recovery. I make it a point to call at least one other person in recovery every day. I find that it really helps me. Becoming a member of a 12 Step fellowship has saved my life and given me a life worth living!! :pray::+1::blush::statue_of_liberty:

It’s okay to feel lazy. You’re mind is working hard. I used to smoke buds everyday and workout everyday and thought it was making me strong. When I quit smoking I lost 15lbs and couldn’t find the strength to workout. I realize now it’s because my mind was working SO hard. I’m through detox now and am finally getting active again. You are going through what you are meant to, if you stay true to yourself you will pass this test. And if you fail, it’s a test you can try again. don’t be hard on yourself, reach out to loved one and just talk. Sober conversations carry so much more depth, they will fill your soul with the things you really need! <3 keep fighting I believe in you