I’m on day 2 alcohol free and I was sooo

I’m on day 2 alcohol free and I was sooo anxious all day. My ex boyfriend (active heroin addict and very unfunctioning) has family from out of state who decided to have an impromptu intervention. At my house. I work from home. I swear to you my first thought - oh hell no, I need a shot for this. And I definitely meant it. And now I’m just laughing at the entire situation because , only my life lmao! But I’m happy to say I’ve made it through day 2 alcohol free and I am so glad I made that choice. It’s important I learn how to sit in the discomfort without instantly trying to numb it. I truly don’t think I would’ve stayed sober if it wasn’t for this group, so thank you all. And thanks for being so welcoming.

5 Likes

Wow!! What a day 2. You made it! There are harder days and easier days. You’ve proven able to make it through the hard one, but stay vigilant on those easy days too. You got this.

2 Likes

Congratulations!!!!! I'm proud of you for facing turbulent times with a positive attitude!!!! Gotta keep in mind, just cuz we're sober, doesnt mean life is gonna be a cake walk. Keep up the good work!!! You got this!!!

Alessandra, you are doing this sobriety walk right. That's amazing you made it through a trigger moment on only Day 2! Keep putting in this amount of effort.

Glad you stayed sober. Way to go.