I’m on a four day bender. I’m ready to stop

I’m on a four day bender. I’m ready to stop but can’t get past day 3.

Hi Olivia, have you considered a rehab facility? I know a lot of us that had similar issues got our start in a rehab. It gives you a good running start at it. There is a treatment locator in the sober help tab here in app. Also if you aren't going to meetings you should try them out as well.

3 Likes

Yes, what Steven said. You may consider contacting AA to obtain a sponsor.

2 Likes

I went to AA and got sober there. I'm certain I should have been in treatment. My family was more concerned with my step sister. She was spoiled. So sad for her. I'm sober and she isn't. She's also miserable. All I can do is be an example.

1 Like

It really comes down to the realization that you are powerless and your life is unmanageable. Man I can remember my last drunk and I hated it. I finally said enough is enough! It amazes me it took me this long to surrender. The insidious insanity of thinking it would be different next time lol. Thank you God!!!

1 Like

Hey there Olivia: As I was a drug user it was NA for me. I've been clean and sober for 3 years and 5 months and 12 days. It REALLY HELPS me to to look at it in single days (or hours, or even minutes) rather than "3 days..." I say this because if you can get 3 days then YOU CAN GET 3 YEARS. WE just do it a day at a time. Also, I have tons of support too. Oh, and did I mention that it's FREE!!!

PS: Rehab is a great option if you qualify, so make sure you ASK.