I’m fresh to this sober life. How’s a 27 y

I’m fresh to this sober life. How’s a 27 year old supposed to meet new people without hitting the bars/breweries?

2 Likes

First, begin to place sobriety #1 in your life. Relationships come far down the road. Meet people in meetings for now. If sobriety is not #1, you will drink again

3 Likes

Dude, I'm 37 and manage to meet new people all the time. Discover a hobbie or something your a passionate about and do it. As you peruse the things that interest you, you will meet people.

Also, try doing something you wouldn't normally do, maybe once a week, like volunteer at a food kitchen, or go to a laundry mat to do your laundry. All of these things seem silly but as you live your life sober, and doing things for you, you will meet other with similar habits. :+1::muscle:t2:

5 Likes

First, you need to face your worst enemy.. YOU. Then once you get that outta the way, meet your new best friend… YOU… Once you got that outta the way, call the old people you never met, like family. Mend relationships. Then once you get that outta the way, pray. Ask the ma. Upstairs for forgiveness and ask him for friends, he will deliver in the best way he sees for you. Put it in his hands, and your streets will be golden

4 Likes

Lol I agree. Especially during this pandemic. Can't even meet anywhere in person it's so difficult. I personally don't like AA meetings. I keep to my Out patient group settings. Maybe AA is good for you. Just not for me. But Honestly this App…has been good help. Wish I would've known about this 3 years ago. When I really needed it. :relieved:but better late then never right? Hang in there bruh, you got this. :pray:t2:

Totally :+1:agree