I’m about 5 days Sober, I don’t have a car

I’m about 5 days Sober, I don’t have a car so I wake up at 4:30 AM to walk 2 hours to the 7 AM Lions Club meeting where I know a few people and where my sponsor is. The hardest part is not having friends, being in isolation.

3 Likes

Hopefully you will meet some friends at your meeting. Please reach out on here if you need someone to talk to about sobriety. Hugs

1 Like

Dang, up early and a substantial walk! On day 5?! That’s awesome you’re crushing it, keep up the good work. Just make sure you’re getting enough sleep!

2 Likes

I really appreciate it, people to talk to to relate to is honestly what helps. It also helps that my sponsor is an amazing dude

1 Like

I needed to hear that man, I really appreciate it. It’s nice to know I’m not alone in this yea know

You’re never alone! we’re all brothers and sisters in this fight. Not to mention the biggest baddest MFer in the universe is always in your corner. Trust your sponsor, your HP and the program. At 5 days the worst is behind you. :muscle::muscle:

1 Like

Awesome :clap:

1 Like

Thank you

Never let it be said that you aren't willing to work for your sobriety. It isnt always easy but once you get your sea legs you'll find the hard times worth it.

1 Like

Thanks for the words

Good job for doing own your own.I had to do that for 9 months.and working harder will pay off later in life .90&90

1 Like

Hi Alex. I'm extremely proud of you. I know you want to attend in person meetings. Know there are also meetings at your fingertips. Check out www.aa.org and SMART Recovery.

I'm proud of you. :clap:t5:

1 Like