I’m 40 days sober today. I feel great

:black_heart::sunny: I’m 40 days sober today. I feel great. The evenings used to be so hard because that would be the time I spent drinking. Now I’m present and aware of life happening. I’m also calm. There are still hard days but I’m coping. Everyday gets better. I do have a question…. What quit lit would you recommend for me? I have a free audio book download on Amazon. I haven’t read or listened to anything so far.

12 Likes

40 is fantastic keep pushing yourself.One day one victory at a time.

1 Like

Super congrats. That's amazing. Keep up the good work. You're past the worst of it.

Hmm. For a book? I haven't read much for recovery lit. "The irrationality of alcoholics anonymous" from The Atlantic was interesting. That's all I could recommend. It's not on Amazon. Just a Google search.

That is incredible! :sparkling_heart:

Good job Abbi proud of you. I suggest finding some sober lady friends.

The Four Agreements.

I suggest this book to literally everyone. Especially those in recovery.

Not only do you feel great you look amazing :wink: keep it up

I read a lot. A lot of recovery and a lot about general self awareness/improvement. I recommend Recovery by Russell Brand as a good start. He’s familiar. He’s insightful yet not presumptuous.

I’m currently reading We are the Luckiest by Laura McKowen after listening to her on the sober voices podcast of this app.

If you care to look back through some of my older posts, I’ve tried to get a sober book club type thing going and there are some good suggestions there.

I recommend Living Sober to everyone as well. It’s a quick easy read that I really identify with.

The naked mind by annie grace

This Naked Mind and Sober diaries have been my 2 favorites so. ◡̈

Sober diaries has been good. 60 days sober and reading it. It’s about a woman’s first year of sobriety. She goes into the social anxiety of being different, cravings, and all the body positive changes.

1 Like

Congrats Abbi. :tada::tada:

The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober. Incredible book

Hi abby good job on 40days I do have one important piece of advice I was sober (dry) for 27 years had no sober friends depended on my wife as friend got divorced and was lost and fell of the wagon so please get all the support you can and lots of sober friends sober life with sober friends is awesome

Congrats, Abby! Rooting for you!

Congratulations, good for you. Your such an inspiration

Agree on This Naked Mind for sure!

Congratulations on 40 days! It only gets better! I second Russell Brand’s book “Recovery”. It’s a refreshing look at 12 Step Recovery Programs.